The Ancestor Cell
The Doctor’s not the man he was. But what has he become? An old enemy – Faction Paradox, a cult of time-travelling voodoo terrorists – is finally making him one of its own. These rebels have a mission for him, one that will deliver him into the hands of his own people, who have decreed that he must die. Except now, it seems, the Time Lords have a mission for him too…
A gargantuan structure, hewn from solid bone, has appeared in the skies over Gallifrey. Its origin and purpose are unknown, but its powers threaten to tear apart the web of time and the universe with it. Only The Doctor can get inside… but soon he will learn that nothing is safe and nothing sacredits.
Shot by both sides, confronted by past sins and future crimes, The Doctor finds himself a prisoner of his own actions. With options finally running out, he must face his most crushing defeat or take one last, desperate chance for salvation…
- The Ancestor Cell was the thirty-sixth novel in the BBC Eighth Doctor Adventures series. It was written by Peter Anghelides and Stephen Cole, and featured The Doctor, Fitz Kreiner, Compassion and Romana III.
- Romana is about to celebrate her time as Lady President of Gallifrey.
- Gallifrey is destroyed here by The Doctor.
- Cherantrin V is a planet where The Doctor, Fitz and Sam saw a double sunrise.
- The Penansulix Structure is a building on Gallifrey.