The Left Handed Hummingbird
He took up a firing stance, holdingthe thirty-eight out in front of him.”Mr Lennon?” he said.
- 1968: Cristian Alvarez meetsthe Seventh Doctor in London.
- 1978: The great temple of the Aztecs is discovered in Mexico.
- 1980: John Lennon is murdered in New York.
- 1994: A gunman runs amok in Mexico City.
Each time, Cristian isthere. Each time, he experiencesthe Blue, a traumatic psychic shock. Only The Doctor can help him — but The Doctor has problems of his own. Followingthe events of Blood Heat and the Dimension Riders, The Doctor knows that someone or something has been tinkering with time. Now he finds that events in his own past have been altered — and a lethal force from South America’s prehistory has been released.
The Doctor, Ace and Bernice travel tothe Aztec Empire in 1487, to London inthe Swinging Sixties, and tothe sinking of the Titanic asthey attempt to rectifythe temporal faults — and survivethe attacks of the living god Huitzilin.
- The Left-Handed Hummingbird wasthe twenty-first novel inthe Virgin New Adventures series. It was written by Kate Orman and was released in 1993. It featuredthe Seventh Doctor, Ace and Bernice.
- The Aztecs call The Doctor a ‘Midwife’ – healer, curer.
- The Doctor, (whenthey arrive in 1968) suggeststhey visit Woodstock. Two of his earlier incarnations arethere.
- The Doctor fixesthe chameleon circuit in his adopted TARDIS fromthe alternate universe where he died.
- The Doctor mates besidethe pool while Ace goes swimming. The Doctor had to jettisonthe original pool when it began to leak intothe co-ordinate circuits.
- Ace contacts Air Commodore Ian Gilmore to try to get clearance to get The Doctor out of the UNIT facility.
- By 1994, Mike Yates does not speak to anyone, shunning reporters.
- Harry Sullivan had made a nurse sign Herbert Clegg’s death certificate as heart attack.
- Gilmore first appeared in Remembrance of the Daleks.