Doctor Who The Next Doctor DVD
Number of DVDs: 1
DVD Number: BBCDVD2903
Duration: 65 minutes
“Two Doctors and one city to save”
Christmas Eve, 1851. and the Cybermen stalk the snow of Victorian London. When The Doctor arrives and starts to investigate a spate of mysterious deaths, he’s surprised to meet another Doctor and soon, the two must combine forces to defeat The ruthless Miss Hartigan. But are two Doctors enough to stop the rise of the CyberKing?
- Doctor Who At The Proms
Tenth Doctor page | BBC DVD Index page | Go back home
- Jackson Lake’s “TARDIS” (Tethered Aerial Release Developed In Style) is a hot air balloon.
- The Doctor describes the events of the Battle of Canary Wharf. He also mentions the Cybermen getting stuck inside the Void at the end of the conflict.
- The pre-credited sequence of the special were broadcast as a special preview during the 2008 Children in Need Appeal in November 2008.
- To keep the mystery of the identity of David Morrissey’s character a surprise, the actor was credited as ‘The Doctor’ in Radio Times and only as ‘Jackson Lake’ in the closing credits.
- Russell T Davies chose the name Rosita for Jackson Lake’s companion because it contained elements of ‘Rose‘ and ‘Martha‘. It also happens to be Spanish for “Little Rose.
- This was the final Doctor Who story to be produced in “standard definition”. Beginning with the next story, the show moved to high-definition production.
- The Doctor refers to the events of Blink While talking to Jackson Lake.
- The Doctor describes the events of The Age of Steel, Doomsday, The Stolen Earth and Journey’s End.
- Miss Hartigan’s “test” of the mind-controlling EarPods, ordering the subjects to turn in place, mirrors the scene in Rise of the Cybermen.
- David Tennant is credited as “Doctor Who” instead of the usual “The Doctor”.
- This is the first episode of the revived series in which The Doctor’s main companion is male rather than female.