Tiermann’s World: a planet covered in wintry woods and roamed by sabre-toothed tigers and other savage beasts. The Doctor is here to warn Professor Tiermann, his wife and their son that a terrible danger is on its way. The Tiermanns live in luxury, in a fantastic, futuristic, fully-automated Dreamhome, under an impenetrable force shield. But that won’t protect them from the Voracious Craw. A gigantic and extremely hungry alien creature is heading remorselessly towards their home. When it gets there everything will be devoured. Can they get away in time? With the force shield cracking up, and the Dreamhome itself deciding who should or should not leave, things are looking desperate..
- Sick Building was the eleventh Tenth Doctor novel released
- The Doctor mentions that he once tamed a savage beast by singing lullabies to it. (The Monster of Peladon)
- Martha mentions being stuck on the moon with the Judoon (Smith and Jones), caught in a gridlock in the year five billion and fifty-three, (Gridlock) and just about plunged into the heart of a living sun. (42)
- Martha Jones mentioned the “sabre-toothed tigers” in her blog (July 1).
- The creature shown on the cover to represent the Voracius Craw is a lamprey.