Peter Davison (
A curse on this damned reef – and curse The Doctor who brought us here!
Drawn by the siren call of a distress beacon, the TARDIS crash-lands on an uncharted time reef. However, The Doctor, Nyssa and Brewster are not the only mariners marooned on this barren rock. Commander Gammades and his crew of returning war heroes have been similarly shipwrecked, as has the beautiful but mysterious Lady Vuyoki.
But there’s something else here, too. A thing of darkness which crawls blindly across the surface of the reef hunting for prey: the Ruhk.
- Time Reef was the one hundred and thirteenth monthly Doctor Who audio release produced by Big Finish Productions.
- Lady Vuyoki lives inside a giant jar, which she referred to as her bridal urn. It has been in her family for generations.
- While the TARDIS was in his possession, Brewster passed himself off as The Doctor.
Lucor gives The Doctor the nickname “Blondie.” Even after his true identity is revealed, he continues to refer to him as such.
- The Ruhk is a blind avian lifeform from another dimension which the crew of the Gamma believes feeds on carrion.
- Among the equipment rendered missing by Brewster’s meddling with the TARDIS is a food machine, the fault locator, the conceptual geometer, temporal navigationunit and the power lens unit.
The Fifth Doctor accuses Brewsterof interfering with the TARDIS’ inner dimensions and is furious that Brewster is wearing his shirt, which he obtained from the TARDIS wardrobe.